Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Welcome to my blog

Firstly, thanks for stopping by! I realize that there is a lot of web content out there competing for your attention, and I hope that reading this is a good use of your time.

I propose to explore multiple themes through this blog, such as, what do I consider as disciplined and professional software development, some elements of software architecture and design, building robust systems, building good user interfaces, meeting client expectations, what do I consider as the future of software development, working in teams, etc. I would also like to touch upon practices of software development in India and the overall evolution of the offshore development model.

I am also a believer in open source solutions and am trying to understand how this is changing the way products are being developed and sold.

Time will tell how much justice I am able to do to the wide scope outlined above!

Thanks for tuning in, and do write in with your views and suggestions.

2 comments:

Agnelo said...

Good start. My interest is in reading more about disciplined and professional software development. How do I address on-time zero defect software that meets the client requirements and is yet expendable.
Cheers!

Priyaranjan Anand Marathe said...

Hello Nilesh. We friends were discussing about initial Wachovia days and brief Interaction we had with you. I was in Atul's team.

And as it happens Googled and reached your blog.

Good to see your blog. Will want to check and read more. Thanks!

Post a Comment